Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Year, New Adventures

With the Governor, Nathan Deal, and the First lady at the 2012 Wild Hog Supper

This year has already been full of excitement.  My first appearance of the New Year was the Wild Hog Event at Underground Atlanta.  I was able to meet Georgia "celebrities" such as the Governor, Nathan Deal, and his wife.  I also had the opportunity to meet Casey Cagle the Lieutenant Governor of Georgia.  I saw him the week before at Passion Conference in ATL, a Christian Conference.  I had a chance to talk to him about the conference and the 3 million dollars college students raised during that week to help fight slavery worldwide. The Wild Hog event was a lot of fun and kicks off the legislature every year in the state of Georgia!


Last week, I had the opportunity to judge the Sope Creek Spelling Bee.  While I was there, I also read to a second grade class. The link below is a video the class posted of my visit to their class! 
http://sopecreeklibrary.typepad.com/defoor/

I have been very busy with preparations for Miss Georgia as well.  We have been dress shopping, rehearsing talent, and planning for the next few months.  I am so excited for June and looking forward to continuing to prepare over the next few months.  

Before I head back to school this weekend, I will be volunteering at the Special Olympics on Friday and helping Emcee the Walton High School Chorus Fashion Show.  I have enjoyed my time at home and am excited about what this next semester at school has in store for me.

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31: 8-9 


No comments:

Post a Comment